Joseph P. Ferrini, DDS
PO Box 360271
Cleveland, Ohio 44149
(440) 572-2019 (phone and fax)
Cell phone: 440-829-5992
e-mail: JPFCMF (at) sbcglobal.net
Joe started a General Dental Practice in 1978 located in Middleburg Heights, OH (10 miles south of Cleveland). It was a preventive family practice with special interests in restorative and cosmetic dentistry and the treatment of temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction. Joe sold his practice in 2006 and now works part-time as an independent contractor in the practice he started Joe now serves in full-time ministry with his wife, Cindi, with the ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ.
To be involved in developing a movement of spirit-filled individuals who are committed to God’s Word and actively involved in fulfilling God’s Great Commission.
- Born 4/8/53
- Married to Cynthia M. (Chmelik) Ferrini (`79)
- Three children: Joey (`81), Kristina (`84), Kathleen (`89)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology from Baldwin-Wallace College, Berea, OH
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude, minor in Chemistry and History, 1975
- Doctor of Dental Surgery from Ohio State University School of Dentistry in 1978
- Graduate course work in Ortho-Gnathological Occlusion and Oral Rehabilitation, 1984-1985. This course was an advanced study regarding the principles of occlusion, the treatment of temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction and management of myo-facial pain utilizing splint therapy and the gnathological principles of equilibration and full mouth rehabilitation.
- Associate Staff member with Campus Crusade for Christ since 1989.
- Member of Grace Christian and Missionary Alliance, Middleburg Heights, OH-since 1978
- He and his wife have been on the National Speaker Team for FamilyLife Ministry since 2000.
- City Director for Campus Crusade for Christ for Cleveland and Northeast Ohio.
- National Board of Directors for the Medical Ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ
- Faculty member for the Medical Ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ
- Speaker for the Disciple-Making Seminar.
- Member of the US Cities Learning Lab for Campus Crusade for Christ.
- Member of the US Cities Team for Campus Crusade for Christ.
PAST MEMBERSHIPS include:
- The Academy of Dentistry for the Handicapped;
- Academy of General Dentistry;
- Consultant to several Nursing Homes,
- Christian Business Men’s Committee,
- Dental Advisory Committee for Polaris Vocational School,
- Senior Advisory Board member at Normandy High School.
- President of Student Council, Thomas Jefferson Junior High School
- The American Dental Association, Ohio Dental Association, Cleveland Dental Society for 30 years; 1978-2008.
- Consultant staff member of Southwest General Health Center, Cleveland, OH
- Ohio State University School of Dentistry Alumni Association
- Member of Delta Sigma Delta Dental Fraternity
- Member of the Cleveland Advisory Council for the Christian Medical and Dental Associations in Northeast Ohio
- Board of Directors for the School of Ministry, Cleveland, OH.
- Past faculty member for The School of Ministry Training, Cleveland, OH
- Director of the Discipleship Ministry at Grace Church
- Director of the Lighthouse of Prayer Ministry at Grace Church.
- PAST INVOLVEMENTS include being a member of the Executive Committee (working as a member of the Counseling and Follow-up Committee) of the 1994 Northeast Ohio Billy Graham Crusade, and was the Material Coordinator for the entire Crusade; Congregational leader for Grace Church during the Billy Graham Crusade. Joe was the Chairman of the Follow-up Committee of Peter Lowe success seminar in 1996. He was also the co-Follow-up director for the Legacy conference, 1999 and 2001. He was the Area Director of the Jesus Video Project. Involved with Mission America, initiated the creation of Mission Cleveland and Mission Ohio. He was part of the Neighborhood Watch committee and served as a block captain. He started and served as the City Ministry Director and part of the City Ministry Team for the FamilyLife Ministry of Cleveland/Northeast Ohio. Joe was also a member of the Board of Elders at Grace CMA Church for many years.
- October 2011 – Dr. and Mrs. Ferrini inducted into the NORMANDY HIGH SCHOOL Distinguished Achievement Hall of Fame.
- Received Alumni Merit Award from Baldwin Wallace College 1998 recognized for “his exemplary career in dentistry and his dedication to promoting the Christian faith through his work in the community.”
- Selected as one of the Outstanding Young Men of America, 1981
- Included in the Who’s Who in the Midwest, 1984
- Who’s Who of the Emerging Leaders in America, 1989
- International Who’s Who of Entrepreneurs
- Man of the year, 1978 – Delta Sigma Delta Dental Fraternity
- Dayton C. Miller Honorary Society for Academics, 1975
- Recipient of the Outstanding Athlete Award;
- Cleveland West Side District Hurdling Champion;
- Letters in track, basketball, and football (high school)
- Participated (and Finalist) in Junior Olympics hurdles competition, 1968
The following are just a few of the presentations that Joe has given:
- Southwest General Health Center Dental Study Group
- Oral Health presentation for several elementary schools
- Medical Strategic Network Ministry, San Bernadino, CA and Chicago, IL, Phoenix, AZ
- Leadership Training Conference for the staff of Youth for Christ, Lake Chautauqua, NY, 1979
- Christian Business Men’s Committee, Cleveland, OH
- Here’s Life, America, Wheaton College, Chicago, IL
- Guest Lecturer at the University of Riga, School of Dentistry, Riga, Latvia
- Sunday School Teacher; Guest Lecturer at several churches for Sunday morning services
- TBN television interview, 1993
- Several Radio interviews; Pause for Prayer Team substitute on WCRF
- Featured in a video production by Campus Crusade for Christ presenting the Northeast Ohio Disciple-Making Ministry to the International Staff of Campus Crusade (shown nationally on TBN)
- Participant in presenting Disciple-Making Seminars since 1988 throughout Northeast Ohio and nationally.
- Disciple Making Seminar- Sept. ’94 Endorsed and sponsored by Billy Graham Ministry after the Cleveland Billy Graham Crusade
- Key note speaker for National Disciple-Making Seminar in San Bernadino, CA and Scottsdale, AZ
- Prayer Participant, National Day of Prayer-Strongsville, OH
- Seminar Presentation at Staff Training Conference 1997, 1999 Campus Crusade for Christ
- Directed City Reaching Forum Symposium in Mar del Plata, Argentina in the context of the Seventh Annual Harvest Evangelism International Institute, Nov, 1997.
- Alive Festival 2000 Canal Fulton, OH, seminar presenter.
- Spoken throughout the country at FamilyLife Weekend to Remember marriage conferences.
- He started and continues to be involved developing spiritual leaders through his training entitled “R2D2 for Jesus” ministry.
- He has been involved in City-Reaching and spiritual transformation of cities since the mid-1980’s by helping to develop collaborative ministry initiatives by developing strategic alliances across Cleveland and Northeast Ohio, the US and the world.
- Member of National Speaker Team for FamilyLife Ministry
- He maintains a very busy schedule through his involvement in the lives of those that he has discipled through the “R2D2 for Jesus” ministry. He has many ongoing discipleship/accountability contacts.
- Studying the Bible; teaching and helping others to become established and equipped in their Christian faith. I enjoy walking with my wife, and traveling, but most importantly, spending time with my family.
- Independent Contractor dentist at the practice he started in 1978. The practice is located at 18660 Bagley Road, Suite 304, Middleburg Hts., Ohio 44130. Phone: 440-234-2445.
- P.O. Box 360271, Ohio, 44149. 440-572-2019. jpfcmf(at)sbcglobal.net